Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back In London

Last night we sat at a bar and I used all of my remaining Euros on beer. Now that's efficiency. I had to take three Tylenol pm in order to sleep because two of the people in the room decided to be obnoxiously loud until all hours of the night. Then some other guy was talking to himself. Strange.

This morning we had to get up super early to pack, shower, eat breakfast, and get to the train station by 9. It was a pretty quick train ride compared to what we are used to on this trip. We were in London within a few hours. We were too early to check into the hostel, so we stored our luggage and headed for Westminster Abbey.

The direct tube stop to Westminster Abbey was conviently closed, so we had to walk a few miles. We finally got there and they wanted £12 to get in. Seeing as I only had £15 which I needed for dinner, I didn't go in. Making the trip over there was so worth the hastle. Sorry, but I am so over sightseeing.

After that ordeal we checked into the hostel. This hostel is the biggest POS of them all (same one we stayed in the first time in London). Every other hostel we have stayed in has been so much nicer. Oh well. Only one night. After checking in I took a nap. For dinner we went to a pub (where we are now). I had fish and chips again. Now were are just hanging out, drinking pints, dicussing the trip, etc.

Tomorrow we have to check out of the hostel by 10am, then it is off to the airport. I'm super excited to come home!!

btw, a HUGE shoutout goes to Laurie for offering to pick us up from the airport. That is so awesome of you. I know how out of your way that is, so it is much appreciated. You are the best!

I plan to write a final blog entry when I get home to recap everything, so check back for that. I'm so glad I took the day after we get back off from work. Best idea ever.

See you soon,
Kevin


Posted with LifeCast

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's nothing like taking a day off after a vacation. I'm doing the same thing after I come back from Thailand!